Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Help Name the NEW Kid!

6 week count down and nothing solid yet!

We've got:
Logan
Oberon
Anthony
Sharkey

I've been taking names out there and thinking on names that are similar or associated with them. You can get some really cool name. I thought of these:

Lance- could also be Mace, Hammer, Dagger. (Dagger Hickman... cool)
Tony- could also be Tiger, Frosted, GRRReat.
Pierce- could also be Slash, Hack, Critical. (Hack Hickman!)
Dakota- could also be State, Colorado, or even South

I'm also pushing for another Robotech name but Jill ain't having it.

As for middle names I'm trying to push Arlynn, an old family name. Jill is pushing back. It's actually a girls name I just found out... crazy. So how did my great grandfather get it? How'd I get it?!?! I don't care. I'm still pushing it! Reminds me of 'A boy named Sue'. It'll tuff'n him up.

7 comments:

Leah Dozier said...

I never told anyone the name we had picked because I didn't want to hear the "oh, I knew a Carl once, don't name your kid that." :) So I'll do it to you, I had a kid in my class this year that was named Logan. I love the kid, but dang, he couldn't sit down for more than 2 seconds at a time. Good name though, I also like Pierce. Pierce Hickman, I think it flows well.

Jessica Stier said...

I like Dagger. And Oberon. Ben is a good solid name and happens to be a Robotech name...

Trena said...

Or Zentrati! That's a Robotech name too - I guess not a name but a breed of aliens. How did I not know Jill was pregnant? I'm so out of the loop.

Bob said...

You know, Pierce is not a bad name, sounds good, but he is going to get into a lot of fights with it! Logan, bah! Too fruity. Sharkey? My best boss was named Luke Sharky, but for a first name? Next thing you no he will be fishing around looking for manual labor jobs and working for scale. Firesign theatre. Get it? Oberon? Ooooohhhhh, sounds like a name from some Fantasy story, not that there is anything wrong with that! (SCI-FI is NOT Fantasy) Anthony is the best so far. Anthony Arlynn Hickman. AAH. That's the ticket. Or how about some native american names like "Feather Duster" or "Runs like a Skunk?" Those sound cool. Or native Korean ones like..., wait a minute, I don't know any native Korean ones. Hmmm, and here I thought I was a smart guy. You know what, it does not matter what his name is as I have the tendency to alter them all anyone and there is nothing that little fella can do about it!
Love
the Kid's Grandad Bob

Bob said...

Sheesh, I should start proof reading my entries. Sorry for the errors folks.
Bob

Jessica Stier said...

I LOVE that your dad goes by Grandad. My kids have a Grandad too. That's what my dad goes by. It's the best.

Bob said...

You know, Dagger Hickman does sound cool, but you better make him like getting socked!