Monday, June 16, 2008

Fathers Day

Fathers day was great. The kids, with a little help from Jill, made me breakfast and I even got to eat it in bed. Scott got to cut the onions himself, he was pretty proud of that. Jill made sure that the food was perfectly salted (I like salt a lot).

I got cards, two packs of Necco wafers, the greatest candy on the planet, and a new Koonz book. Plus, lots of hugs and smiles.

I got up at 5am in morning to throw a rack of ribs on the smoker. I had a pretty good rub on them, although I could have added some more salt. Turns out Scott and I prefer not to have a sauce on them but Jill loves the sauce. Caitlyn is ambivalent about it. She does like the "crunchy parts though".

At night Jill made her first pineapple upside down cake. It was pretty dang good too.

We got to talk with Grandad Bob on the phone and my brother Luke and his family called in to talk for a while also...

The only down side was the fact that I promised Jill I would hang a few towel racks on the kids bathroom wall the day before and it wasn't till 10pm that I got around to it. I think Caitlyn yanked the old one out of the wall a few months ago.

It was a good Fathers day.

2 comments:

Bob said...

I had a great Father's Day also. I must have talked with Scott for 15 minutes. And I got to talk with Caitlyn, who still calls me Grand Bob and I dig it. She is such a sweetie pie. I always enjoy hearing from all of my family.

Trena said...

Ok - my husband LOVES Necco wafer too! What's up with that? It's like eating chalk! Yuck!