Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Hmmm, I need to add some pictures in here. Text only is boring.

5,4,6,7

James and I can't find a decent group to beat up with our foam weapons. We'd better form one soon (maybe I can grab some guys from work or church) or we might turn those weapons on each other.

Dad came by for a week visit. I always love it when my dad comes. We have great conversations about everything and the kids love him. Scott gets all teary-eyed when he leaves. Scotty-boy loves his Grandad. We saw movies, went to Garden of the Gods, checked out guitars, got some steaks, the kids got some toys... we did all sorts of stuff. I wished my parents lived much closer. I miss seeing them a lot.

When my dad did come he handed me my Christmas present. He built and painted an electric guitar. He already told me he was going to do this and the way he made it sound over the phone was that it was one of the 'test' guitars he was putting together for his boys. I thought it was going to simply be an art piece to hang on the wall. But when I opened the case, there sat a genuine, fully functional Hickman Stratocaster! It plays great! It inspired me to take my playing much more seriously when he gave me that and them introduced me to the Digitech RP 350 at Guitar Center. I'll get some pictures of my new guitar up. Thanks dad! And thanks to Jill for letting me buy an 350! The 350 even came with some recording software. Time to practice and lay down some tracks!

I have also been dabbling in sculpting, molding, and casting pewter with those molds. It's really fun to do, watching metal melt down and pouring. Caitlyn, my 3 year old, got too close when I was doing a pour and I told here to stay back, "Dad is pouring lava!" She ran away. Whatever works right?

4 comments:

KASEY said...

Hey Carl, I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog! I just read yours and you sound exactly the same! As I was reading it I suddenly remembered all the stories you used to tell me about your experiences with homemade explosives. You're not still into that, are ya?

Carl said...

Hey Kasey. No, no more explosives for me. If I ever want to destroy something I just grab the .22 and shoot soda cans and phone books. It's legal and a lot safer.

Mandy said...

Hey Carl! I saw that you had posted on Kasey's blog, so I've added you to my "cool blogs" list on my own blog. Your kids are soooo cute! I'd never seen them before! It's so weird to reconnect with people that you havent' seen or talked to for years. Anyway, I hope you guys are doing well!

Carl said...

Mandy! It's been a long time. I'm gunna to have to read and link to all of your blogs. Hearing from you guys is just too cool.